Mental Health Law is highly specialised and an area in which Bond Adams has operated a successful department for several years. In fact, we act for some of the largest organisations which provide mental health services. For example:
- In Mind Health Care
- Windsor Health Care
- LAMP Advocacy
Our mental health department, led by specialists are proud of the level of care and assistance that we give to business owners, clients and their families. Our dedication is to improving the quality of life that those clients have, particularly, given that they are vulnerable individuals.
Clients with mental health issues, are often challenging various institutions or on a private client basis, challenging matters in relation to property rights or other issues.
Our department is concerned about the individual rights and liberties of those being detained and will endeavour to exercise patients legal rights and advise them while in detention, scrutinising all forms of medical treatment.
You can arrange appointments at any hospital or at home at short notice. We routinely assist clients at locations across the county on a private fee paying basis.
Acting for mental health providers
- Acting for corporate providers of mental health services in relation to management hearings.
- Housing benefit for accommodation.
- Employment, property and all other related matters.
- Health and safety.
Acting for mental health patients
- We have extensive experience of all sections under the Mental Health Act representation at the Mental Health Tribunal and Hospital Managers Meeting.
- Advice on nearest relative powers.
- Working with experts to examine and present medical, forensic, and scientific evidence.
- Advice on after care.
- Challenging transfer of property where fraud or deceit has occurred.
- Dealing with Court of Protection applications.
- Dealing with guardianship issues.
In addition we have a team of specialist lawyers who can provide advice and assistance in relation to a full range of criminal matters, where the person has been detained. Legal Aid is available for criminal work.
Any data that you submit using this web form will be held by our firm as Data Controller and will be held securely for 12 months before being securely and confidentially destroyed.
Your data will not be disclosed to any third parties without your consent or as otherwise allowed by the relevant Data Protection legislation and will only be used for responding to your query (or purposes associated with that purpose).
You have the right to be informed about what data we hold about you along with other rights set out in the legislation. Further information about your rights under the data protection legislation can be found at www.ico.org.uk
Full details can be found on our website here.