What legal rights do I have after a refusal do I have the right to appeal?
We are proud to say that we have pooled together the wealth of experience and knowledge of our team and as a result, have developed an impressive track record in winning appeals. We have also obtained outstanding results for clients following lodging an appeal, without the matter actually reaching the Tribunal. Further, with many of those appeals that actually proceed to a full appeal hearing, a large number of them are allowed on the day itself, which is excellent. This saves time and stress for the client and we work hard to front load appeals so the other side has all of the facts very early on in the appeal process. We believe this is good practice.
Immigration Appeals From Outside the UK
If you are overseas and have applied for a UK visa which has been refused, you will have 28 days to appeal this decision from receipt if you have been granted a right of appeal (depending on method of service). The appeal must be lodged before this date expires.
Appeal From Within the UK
From within the UK, depending on the nature of refusal, you normally have 10 working days to lodge an appeal to the Tribunal, if given the right of appeal. Call us now on 0116 285 80 80.
What Happens At An Immigration Appeal?
When you appeal, your case is heard by an Immigration Judge who is independent. If listed for an appeal and the case actually proceeds to hearing, arguments are heard from both sides. When heard orally, cases can be put forward fully. The client or sponsor (or both) have the chance to give live evidence before a judge.
Although pursuing an appeal may be an option in certain circumstances, we will advise you as to whether an appeal or a fresh application, if possible and / or applicable, is best for you. Appeals are often an effective remedy as officers sometimes make mistakes when considering applications and make decisions which are inaccurate or irrational for example. Call us now on 0116 285 80 80.
Mandatory Re-Entry Bans
Further, another recent introduction into the UK Immigration Law System is that of re-entry bans. Depending on your circumstances in the UK and/or how you left the UK (i.e. over stayers, illegal entrants, etc.) and what category you’re seeking to return, you can face a re-entry ban of between 1 year, 5 years or 10 years depending on your circumstances. In such cases, ignorance really is no defence. The effects are very serious and can have massive repercussions from often innocent mistakes. Call us now on 0116 285 80 80.
We are experts at spotting such errors and challenging them successfully.
The Benefits of Appealing an Immigration Decision:
- An appeal avoids the need to lodge a fresh application which attracts a further fee. You will enjoy the ability to live and work in the UK with your loved ones
- If your application is successful, you will be granted the relevant leave to enter/ leave to remain (in) the UK
- As our legal challenges are thoroughly and meticulously prepared, often our cases are settled early, often without hearing, this saves, time, money and stress.
- Should the case proceed to a full hearing, we work very closely with some of the leading barristers in the UK to bring a successful and swift outcome to your case
- We will guide you and explain exactly what is required to win your case so you do not need to worry
- Our appeal success rate is outstanding.