Couples who decide to get a divorce through a professional high street divorce lawyer will typically pay between £750 and £1,500 plus VAT. Please note that if you are in employment, the petitioner (the person requesting the divorce) will need to pay a £550 fee to the...
Mental health is about the way we think, it is a person’s condition with regard to their psychological and emotional well-being. It is a diagnosable condition that significantly interferes with an individual’s emotion, cognitive and social abilities.
Sometimes, a family member’s ill health can affect your mental health, so it is important that we protect those around us.
At Bond Adams Solicitors LLP, we have a dedicated team who will see to any problems which may arise due to someone’s mental health. We are compassionate, understanding and patient.
It is important to consider some elements of the law, which will protect you, and the ones you love. These include making a Will, Lasting Power or Attorney (LPA’s), Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) and Deputyship.
It is vitally important that you have an up to date Will, and this is something that a lot of people “put off” because they don’t think it will affect them yet, either they are too young, or feel like they are fit and healthy. But it is important everyone should have one, just in case, especially with the current pandemic, you never know what is around the corner.
If, for example, you are 25 (or younger) and you have just bought your first house, you need to consider a Will. This is because, should the worst happen, you want to make sure that your partner or house mate, will get the property. Equally, if you are in your 40’s and are incredibly fit and healthy, you need a Will in order to protect your spouse and children.
So, what is the process?
- You will need to come to the offices with your ID
- We will ensure you have mental capacity, in other words, are you of sound mind, and do you know what you are doing.
- We will go through all of your assets, be them in offshore accounts, if you have properties overseas, or only have a house and a car in your name. We will go through everything
- We will then take your instructions on how you wish your assets to be split, taking into account extended families and any charities
- We then get you to sign it, once you are happy with the contents, in the presence of 2 witnesses. These witnesses cannot benefit from your will.
The specialist team at Bond Adams Solicitors have experience in dealing with complex matters relating to Wills and Probates and work closely with you, taking into account your wishes. Contact our lawyers for a consultation.