For many people buying or selling their home may represent the biggest financial commitment that they ever undertake. We are committed to providing you with the detailed practical advice you need, in order for you to properly understand the process and make informed decisions about your transaction.
Our team is led by Rafique Patel, a former partner of Harvey Ingram which was the then largest firm in Leicestershire. He is October 1996 qualified and was also the head of the regulatory and trading team at Harvey Ingram. He leads a large and talented conveyancing team consisting of Dilan Kocoglu, Enya Wright, Hashim Waka, Ibrahim Kadri, Jessica Saimbi, Sameer Kadri, Shanti Odedra, Sophia Patel and Zunaid Dakri.
Our lawyers from our base in Leicester have significant local and regional area knowledge which gives our clients the benefit of professionals dedicated to providing prompt and tailored advice.
Technology plays an increasingly large part in the conveyancing process and at Bond Adams we are committed to ensuring we use this to its full potential, in order to provide the most efficient and cost effective service to our clients.
Residential Sale or Purchase:
Our fees are set out by a range, due to a number of factors which include; the lawyer handling your case, the value of the purchase, the number of searches required, whether there are any regeneration aspects, whether there are any additional due diligence requirements in relation to the funding of the transaction, whether there are any title issues etc.
An average range of costs are as follows:
1. Purchase price up to £1,000,000.00 = £300.00-£950 plus VAT plus disbursements.
2. Prices for transactions in excess of £1,000,000.00 are available upon a tailor made quotation.
3. There may be additional fees for acting for mortgage lenders of between £150.00-£250.00 plus VAT plus disbursements.
Likely disbursements (Purchase only, unless otherwise stipulated):
1. Electronic CHAPS transfer fee £39.00 plus VAT. (Sales also)
2. Office copies, Plans and Filed documents at HMLR: approximately £3.00-£6.00 per document plus VAT.(Sales also)
3. Identification check per person: £6.00 plus VAT.(Sales also)
4. Searches (dependent upon the number of searches) £150.00-£250.00.
5. Land Registry priority Search: £4.00 per search.
6. Bankruptcy Search per person: £4.00 per person. (Sales also)
7. Lawyer Checker to check accounts details of recipient lawyers: £16.00 plus VAT.
8. Land registry registration fee: based on the value and current rates.
9. Stamp duty: based upon the circumstances and the prevailing rates.
Key Stages/typical time scales: 4-10 weeks
- Residential sales
- Residential purchased
- Planning issues & all other issues